Merry Christmas from the Larsen’s and the Global Youth and Family Ministry!
“The Word became flesh and blood, and moved into the neighborhood.” –John 1:14 (MSG)
Immanuel, God is with us! We rejoice with you in the ways God made his presence known to us this year—going with us and before us in life and ministry. We pray you know His presence in a close and personal way this Advent. May he fill all our hearts with hope as we trust in the One who came for us, is with us, and is coming again!
Here are some of the ways you enabled us to serve MKs in 2009:
1. The Families in Global Transition Conference--working with leaders across sectors to care for families living and serving cross-culturally
2. The Europe/ Africa Area Retreat--providing spiritual refreshment for missionary kids and families serving in Eastern and Western Europe, Africa, and Muslim States
3. Re-Entry Conference--helping mission kids in transition off the field as they deal with issues of identity, loss, and cultural confusion
4. Summer Conference--providing a summer camp experience for MKs during their Home Mission Assignment in the US
5. Pre-Field Training--offering seminars, consulting, and one-on-one counsel to youth and families preparing to go to the field as missionaries for the first time.
6. GYFM Associates program--working to recruit US youth pastors and churches to minister to specific mission teams and youth on the field
And here are some of the ways you enabled us to equip national leaders to reach youth around the globe:
1. The European Leadership Forum--invited to offer some of our GYFI (global youth and family institute) training to leaders from over Eastern and Western Europe
2. Korean Leadership Training--partnering with RTS to train Korean pastors and missionaries in engaging the next gen in their culture and context
3. Latin American Leadership Training--partnering with MINTS and local grass-roots church planting networks to train leaders in Colombia
4. Japan Church Planting Institute & Christ Bible Seminary--gave seminars, consulting and taught seminary course on reaching the emerging gen with leaders in Japan
5. Youth Ministry in India--led retreat for youth of lepers, training and consulting with local youth leaders, budding partnership with PTS as future GYFI site
6. Equipping U.S. leaders--leading SLYnet (St Louis Youth Network), partnering with Covenant Seminary to mentor and train church leaders in next generation ministry.
As it stands, we are at approx. 80% of our needed support (only 20% to go!). Please pray that God will see us to 100% as we enter 2010. Occasional gifts have kept us afloat. Would you prayerfully consider a year-end gift? Even better, would you consider making a monthly commitment, or increasing your current commitment?
You can donate online by going to www.mtw.org (click the image marked "donate online" and follow the prompts).
And check out our latest "blogumentary" video at www.larsenlog.blogspot.com
Thank you for praying for us, encouraging us and supporting us this past year. It is a joy and privilege being sent by you to extend the gospel to the nations and the next generation.
In His Grip,
(Eric, Rebecca, Abby, Meghan, Natalie, Emma)
Global Youth & Family Ministry and Institute
"Reaching the Nations and the Next Generation"